Monday, February 16, 2009

And the Lightning Strikes

You've seen the damage alive in my life.
You've cried right along with me while I've wept.

So even if I have trouble walking straight,
I hope you'll still walk by my side.
Taking each new step together.
Even if I can't see what's worth looking forward too,
I hope you encourage me to keep walking
Because where I've been is too bad to go back,
And where we are is not good enough.

It's a painful journey, this life we live.
We might not get a chance to make things right again.
So for now, let's just sit here with each other.
Let's forget the pain and the journey.
Put hope in my heart.
Love me anyway.

I want to hold you so tightly the pain goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to abuse my words
just dont be too mean
words are just words
but to me, they can make or break